Wednesday 15 January 2014

Brighton with Biba

Last week I had my oldest friend Biba come and stay with me in Brighton for the first time since I moved here. I had the pleasure of showing the lovely lady a few of my favourite spots in Brighton. As we spent most of the time eating I've decided to separate a run down of the places we visited in a WHOLE post of its own! Expect that in the next few of days, but in the meantime here are a couple of my favourite places that we visited.




Snooper's Paradise is by far one of my favourite shops, situated in the North Laines in Brighton. A treasure trove of items, it's so easy to get lost in its walls for hours. With an array of trinkets downstairs it can feel as if I've fallen down the rabbit hole. You can find a whole other set of fun with the photo booth that is located in the middle of the shop. Many of my friends will go to Snooper's simply to indulge in the wonders of the booth and take home a little keepsake. If you're a regular in Brighton it can be lots of fun to start a little collection of photos with various people. My aim is to have a whole gallery by the end of the year!









\




Upstairs you will find Snooper's Attic and a whole other world to get lost in! The shop provides a beautiful collection of handmade one-off pieces of clothing. I always find that it's a dangerous fate heading up those stairs as each time I end up leaving with a huge dent in my student loan.



Borderline Records is also somewhere I like to visit while exploring the North Laines. With fab music constantly playing and a great selection of colourful posters on the wall, it can be perfect to stop into for a bit of browsing. The record shop has a collection of vinyl and an even more impressive collection of CDs. As a CD player is my main mode of listening I always love to enter into the shop to find new treats to play. 



I bought three CDs while I was there with Biba - including Earth Wind and Fire, which I find is perfect to get me revved up before a night on the town, and Sly and the Family Stone. My best purchase of the day had to be UB40's Labour of Love. I've always really enjoyed listening to UB40's music but I'm not very familiar with their albums. On a whim I decided to go for this record because of the incredible artwork. Thankfully I lucked out, the album is by far one of my favourites to listen to now. A collection of smile inducing reggae that is perfect to skank too, I'd really recommend checking it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment