Tuesday 14 January 2014

Magic happens when you least expect it

I'd say the past week has been like a dream, but to do so would dismiss how set in reality it has been. Instead it has been magical in that it has helped me to gain a greater appreciation for the present. I often find it hard to live in the moment, with constant thoughts of the future looming over me. As I am confronted with a series of beautiful days, imposing magic upon the ordinary when I am certainly unsuspecting, I have begun to feel more connected to the present moment.



A stormy sea and a quiet Brighton which feels as if it is my own private land. The wonder that in that moment hailed thoughts of Moonrise Kingdom and a desire to charge the shores yelling 'This is our land!' Spending an entire day reading Herman Hesse in a cafe while nursing cups of tea, feeling entirely content. A series of fabulous nights on the town and too much dancing (is there such a thing?). All those little moments and exchanges that have come together to create this incredible mishmash of experience.


Today I was surprised by an unsuspected exchange with an old friend. From that I have become greatly aware of the fact that as much as you may feel things are set at one stage of your life, the ability for circumstances and people to transform is always possible if not inevitable. So again I find myself feeling grateful. Grateful for the kindness of people and the little things that make each day a gift. It really is a beautiful life to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment